Sad ending to Spanish story of missing boy

"The body of eight-year-old Gabriel Cruz, who had been missing for the last 12 days from his home town in southern Spain’s Almería province, was located on Sunday by the Civil Guard in the trunk of his father’s girlfriend’s car." So reads a news story in today's edition of El País.
https://elpais.com/elpais/2018/03/12/inenglish/1520840910_348403.html
Gabriel_Cruz
Gabriel Cruz R.I.P.

The picture of little Gabriel went viral in Spain when the search for him was first reported. He looked so bright and happy that the nation was hoping against hope that he could be found. Hundreds of police officers had been mobilized in the search for Gabriel after he went missing in late February in Las Hortichuelas (Almería), southeastern Spain.

I believe a nerve was hit that aroused the humanity of millions in the whole of the Iberian Peninsula and because of our common sense of obligation to care for our young, I also believe anyone anywhere will feel the same sense of loss when acquainted with the story which is why I post it here. You see, the sadness we all share, even in a world fractured by divided political opinion, can unite us all. In a sense, this is a silver lining in the dark cloud.

Comments

• Really tragic.
  • Even one child is very sad, whereas numbers in the USA are mind boggling

When a child is reported missing to law enforcement, federal law requires that child be entered into the FBI’s National Crime Information Center, also known as NCIC.

According to the FBI, in 2016 there were 465,676 NCIC entries for missing children. Similarly, in 2015, the total number of missing children entries into NCIC was 460,699.
  • Even one child is very sad, whereas numbers in the USA are mind boggling

When a child is reported missing to law enforcement, federal law requires that child be entered into the FBI’s National Crime Information Center, also known as NCIC.

According to the FBI, in 2016 there were 465,676 NCIC entries for missing children. Similarly, in 2015, the total number of missing children entries into NCIC was 460,699.

Whoever takes the life of even one, it is as if they have destroyed everyone in the world.